Monday, January 19, 2015

6: Glorious Nature, Mutant Ducks, and the Sad Fate of a Lunch Unattended


"In all things of nature 
there is something of the marvelous." 
~Aristotle


Normally Mondays are to be dreaded. Or so Garfield tells us. 

He probably would have said the same thing especially since the majority of my afternoon was spent traipsing about out of doors enjoying some rare (though in truth not quite rare this year) winter sunshine.

There is nothing quite so satisfying as walking for miles. 

Unless it's raining, your car has broken down, the only person you recognize in the city has just driven past your frantically waving arms without noticing you and you're forced to traipse several miles home in dress shoes and clothes. Without an umbrella. 

Not that I'm speaking from experience. 

. . . which I am. 

Luckily, today was a planned venture into nature sans rain and with proper footwear. And it was glorious. 

Oh, yes, come here. Let me whisper a secret. 

It was also FREE. 

There's just something about walking around lakes and beneath large trees (even if in this particular case it was atop a paved pathway) that makes me think big, giant, expansive, existential thoughts.  

 Today though I most tried to figure out why exactly I tended to have a bad hair day every time I was supposed to meet up with a friend that seems to always experience glorious days of luscious thick locks, perfectly styled even in gale force winds. 

I also thought about the fact that I accidentally left my lunch on the counter and that by the time I returned home it would be unsuitable for eating. It was a really nice lunch too. Alas.

And, well, okay, yes, I also thought that there were some mighty strange looking ducks on this lake. Had some mad scientist snuck down to the shore at night and performed illicit duck/blobfish hybridizations? 

4 and three quarter miles later, I traipsed back to my car none the wiser spiritually, but calorically drained and with the sneaking suspicion that the duck-blobs had heard my ill thoughts and were, at that very moment (and probably at this very moment, also) planning revenge. 

Excuse me, I have to go make sure the doors and windows are locked. 


Pay Up Time!

What did I buy on day 6 of my 365 days of No Buy, No Way, No How?

I am proud to report that I have purchased only:

  • A big fat box of NOTHING!
This comes to a whopping total of: 0.00 USD!

QUACK! 

Uh . . . I mean . . . Woohoo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment